Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

First time login steps keeps repeating

Every single time a user logs in or refreshes the webbrowser they need to walk through the first time login steps: 1. You already have an account 2. Almost ready 3. Invite others 4. Preparing Power BI.

This is not supposed to happen after the first time a user logged in. As I have never seen this happen in other tenants I expect this to be a tenant setting, but I do not have admin rights in the tenant. Does anyone know what might be causing this and what might resolve it? Any help is much appreciated.

The Pro licenses are requested, but currently users have a Pro trial license.

Below screenshots are in Dutch, but these are the standard steps you have to walkthrough the first time you open the Power BI service with your account.

Best regards, JM

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I was not able to reproduce this behavior. 

For those pro trial users, what browser version did they use? If changing to another browser, does it still keep repeating? And, please try to save the acount and password into browser to see whether it works.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft thank you for your response,

I am not able to reproduce the issue in other tenants either, so I am afraid that this "bug" reacts to specific tenant settings.
We have reproduced the issue with 4 user accounts on Google Chrome, Google Chrome incognito, multiple Internet Explorer versions and Internet Explorer InPrivate.

Unfortunately saving password does not help either.

Maybe the redirect URL can shed some light on the issue.

After the login or a refresh Power BI redirects the user via below URL: https://signup.microsoft.com/ signup?sku=a403ebcc-fae0-4ca2-8c8c-7a907fd6c235&email=[XXX]&ru=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.powerbi.com%2Fgroups%2Fme%2Fgetdata%2Fwelcome%3Fpbi_source%3Dweb_nolicense_redirect%26redirectedFromSignup%3D1%26noSignUpCheck%3D1%26 

It specifically states a "nolicense_redirect", however these users have a Pro trial license.

Hi @Anonymous,

This behavior only occurred to some certain pro trial users, while other pro trial users didn't encounter this, right? The screenshots are in Dutch, so, does this problem only occur to tenants in Dutch local? 

Besides, since we are not able to reproduce this scenaio, you could create a support ticket at this page to get more help.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

All pro trial users in this tenant are experiencing this issue. I am an external consultant which enabled me to test this bug on different tenants where I did not encounter this issue.

Unfortunately I am not able to create a support ticket due to the fact that the Pro licenses are requested but not yet assigned. For this reason I turned to the forum instead. In the hope that someone else has seen / experienced this issue before. This issue is definitely not helping with user adoption... 😞

Regards, JM

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors