Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LarsZA

Filled Map not pulling through to embedded reports in SharePoint for external users

I have a competitor report which highlights the location of service providers using a filled map .The map is linked to a country and provider slicer and adapts depending on which country is choosen or, if just a provider is selected, show which countries that provider is in. The report is made in desktop, then published to the powerbi service from where I then say publish to web and use the embed code to embed the report into a SharePoint page for our users to access.

The issue I'm encountering is that, for me, the report works flawlessly when I go to the SP page and shows all the elements of the report. But our users are encountering a issue in which the map just never loads, or loads but doesn't focus on the countries. The further complexing thing is that the issues occurance varies from user to user. I have tried testing on different browsers with the same recurring issue, strangely Edge has the worst occurances causing other aspects of the report not to appear and I have therefore recommended that everyone uses Chrome for the time being.

I have tried clearing browser cache and histories, logging into SP under a different user to test if it was a account problem, but again for me it works perfectly yet not for others.

The rest of the report graphs work, it's just the filled map that refuses to co operate, however I have noticed with Edge that sometimes it won't pull through data or change the other graphs.

Below are screenshots of the issues, one on Edge with the map failing to focus, one on Chrome with map failing to load and one on Chrome from my machine working as it should be .

I've recreated this report a number of times and there's nothing overly complex about the data that should delay it being transfered, but yet the issues exists.

Chrome - not wokring.PNGedge.PNGChrome - working.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LarsZA,

The embedded URL is generated by "publish to web", right? If you directly share this public URL to external users, are they able to view filled map on their machine? By the way, there is a "Embedded in SharePoint online" that allows you to embed report to sharepoint site, have you tried this feature?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana

Yes correct, the embedded url is created through the publish to web, and I've tried using both the embed code as well as the url link it provides to try correct this but to no effect.

When a user comes through to the SharePoint page they are able to see the report which contains the map, however some users the map doesn't appear at all, some it appears but doesn't work and then some it works perfectly. I even thought there was perhaps a loading lag of some sort and asked them to wait a while before using the report, this has been done for up to an hour and the map doesn't appear/work. The issue is even harder to diagnose as there's no conscitency by browser to the problem appearing.

Yes I am aware of the feature however that's only available when we produce reports for our licenced users, as these are general users we use SharePoint as a access control and make the report freely available.  I haven't been able to test yet whether the same issue occurs through the licenced method.

Thanks

Lars

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors