Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jel888
Regular Visitor

Field missing aggregate symbol

Hello,

I've cleaned and imported a workbook with one worksheet and 11 columns (fields).  All of the fields except one have the Aggregate symbol (sum symbol) in the Fields list except one.  I've gone back and made sure that the formatting is the same (number) and the header to the column (field name) has the same formatting (standard) as the others and reimported the file (after deleting the first file).  The same field still show no Aggregate symbol.  Why is this and will it affect my reports (I presume yes.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jel888
Regular Visitor

Found my answer (after thinking a little bit), there was a letter in place of a number in one cell in the given column that forced the entire column's data to not be recognized as a numeric data.  So I performed a better cleanup and reimported into Power BI.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jel888,

Glad to hear that the issue is solved. You can accept your own reply as solution, that way, other community members would easily found the solution once they get same issues.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am seeing the same issue. I have verified all data is numeric by loading the CSV in Excel and using the ISNUMBER function to test all rows. The field was classified properly when the dataset was first imported however something changed over the last few days. I think this may be a bug as I dont see any other reason for the change in behavior.

jel888
Regular Visitor

Found my answer (after thinking a little bit), there was a letter in place of a number in one cell in the given column that forced the entire column's data to not be recognized as a numeric data.  So I performed a better cleanup and reimported into Power BI.

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

yes u r correct . data cleaning is more important.

If u go with Power BI desktop we have several option to clean your data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors