Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BarryAP

Failed to update data source credentials.

I have been using Powr BI Desktop succesfully to access data from WebTuna. this has been using the WebTuna REST API with Basic authentication and a Key supplied by WebTuna. No isssues.

Application Performance have created and published a Content Pack for WebTuna. I can not gain access when loading the WebTuna Content Pack , I get 'Failed to update data source credentials.' when entering the same credentials as I am using in theh Desktop application.

My colleagues can load the content pack and access the data.

Can you provide any guidance or troubleshooing options?

Barry

3 REPLIES 3
sananthv
Helper II
Helper II

Did we get a resolution for this.

I am able to connect to the API url using web connector from the desktop. However when I published the report, it is not refreshing when i go to schedule refresh. It is not recognising the credentials, when I enter it and I get "Failed to update data source credentials" error.

PBI-Connector-error.png

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@BarryAP

Since your colleagues can load the content pack and access the data properly, the issue should be related to setting associated with your account on WebTuna. Is there any setting on Web Tuna which can allow the service access from WebTuna to Power BI?

Please refer to a similar thread (connecting Azure SQL DW):

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Problems-authenticating-data-source-with-Azure-SQL-Data/m-p...

Regards,

Thank you Simon,

I have no issue/problem accessing WebTuna from Power BI Desktop application. Method of access with REST/API and ID and password is the same with the content pack but only get error message 'Failed to update data source credentials.'.  The message is not ' Access denied'.

Many thanks

Barry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors