Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

waterfallbay

Fail to sign up power BI service with my Azure AD organization user

I follow this instruction to create a Power BI app and according to the instruction, i follow the steps in this page to open an Azure AD organizational user. Then i used this organizational user account to login the Power BI, and eventually, it said: 

"You signed out of your account. It's a good idea to close all browser windows."

The outcome is, i still cannot see "Power BI Services" as an option when i tried to "add permission to other application" after creating my web app in my Azure management.

Please see the screen shot when i used my organizational account to login and appreciated if anyone can tell what i have done wrong, thank you.

note: i have tried to close/reopen my browser and tried it in different browsers and computer but it looks the same.

2015-09-29_15-28-40.png2015-09-29_15-28-51.png2015-09-29_15-28-15.png

2 REPLIES 2
nrevell

I can confirm that PowerBIGuy is correct because I had exactly the same problem until I added a usage location. This can be done within the Windows Azure Active Directory Module for PowerShell as follows..

$msolcred = get-credential
connect-msolservice -credential $msolcred
MSOnlineExtended\Set-MsolCompanySettings  -DefaultUsageLocation "GB"

The location is a two letter country code (ISO-3166-1 alpha-2).

I also ensured that Allow ad-hoc subscriptiosn was enabled ..

MSOnlineExtended\Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowAdHocSubscriptions $true

PowerBIGuy
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

i've seen in teh past that in order for  Azure Active Directory users to be able to login to the Power BI web portal, they needed to have the “USAGE LOCATION” chosen under their active directory settings. 

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors