Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Extract to PowerPoint

Hi All,

Can anyone advice on the following:

I have report on PowerBI web with last 4 month data which I can filter using date slicer but every time when I try to export to powerpoint, it exports all data and ignores my selections for the current month. I have one solution in mind which is to save a report as a new report and extract but its inconvenience to my users as I'm disabling  EDIT function for all users.

So my question is there a way to make Power BI to export my report to powerpoint with selections I've set in the report like:

1. Month  = Feb
  2. Ticket Type = Incident

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Abduvali

Please try again in Power BI Service, it seems that the selection in the slicer will not be lost in exported PPT now.

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft @v-sihou-msft

Hi Guys,

In fact, it's extracting nothing to PPT now:

bbb.PNG

Thanks for looking into the following issue for me!

@v-haibl-msft @v-sihou-msft

Hi Guys,

Tried again just a minute ago and it's the same all selections dropped/ignored when exported to PPT (at least exports something to PPT, was exporting nothing this morning)

Hope it helps.

Regards

Abduvali

@Abduvali

Please save your report again to resolve the blank PPT issue.

Best Regards,
Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your replies. Any suggestions on why selections are ignored when exporting to PPT???

Thanks.

Regards

Abduvali

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Abduvali

I reproduced same issue as yours. The report page will ingnore the selection in slicer when exporting to Power Point.

6.PNG

8.PNG

We have reported this issue internally.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors