Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Exporting Report into Power point view seems to increase the size of all visuals

Hi All, 

not sure if this is just me, I've been looking into the above for a client and I've noticed on exporting to powerpoint every visual is bigger than the original and thus causes images to overlap and disappear off the page.  It seems like it's about 25% larger and makes the export appear ugly. 

Has anyone had this issue and is there a workaround? 

Thanks

Dog.

8 REPLIES 8
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dog,

I just verified that the Exporting to PowerPoint(Preview) feature still works all fine for me on Power BI service.

ppt.PNG

Could you try saving your report again on Power BI service first, then exporting it to PowerPoint to see if it works?Smiley Happy

Regards

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

thanks for the reply, I have just tried again and it's still not looking right, this is the original in PBI.

Capture.PNG

this is the same in power point

Capture2.PNG

it does appear to be any text that grows ... 😞

Hi @Dog,

it does appear to be any text that grows ... Smiley Sad

Yes, after a little modification on my text visual on the report, I have reproduced the issue. I will report it internally and post back if there is any feedback.Smiley Happy

Regards

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

just wondered if you ever got any feedback on this one. My Client has decided that this is something they really want to use but as it stands at the moment it's not coming out too great 

Cheers

Dog. 

Hi @Dog,

Sorry for the delay response.

Currently, the Product Team have a backlog of visual bugs with export functionality and this is one of them. This will probably be resolved only next semester. Smiley Happy

Regards

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@v-ljerr-msft that's great... thanks for the reply. 

any news is better than none 🙂

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

That's great, I thought I was going mad!! 🙂

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

anyone have any ideas on this one please? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors