Frequent Visitor

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

@srutt the overlapping issue is known and we are working to fix it. Thanks for your feedback!

Tzvi Keisar
Senior Program Manager @ Microsoft Power BI
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the feedback!

We will investigate the errors that were posted here.

@ahan2@tringuyenminh92, @AM : supporting custom visuals is one of our top priorities. we are working on it.

@Eno1978: we are working to fix the annoying background image issue.

@Marina: if you can share more details about the issues you are experiencing, we can investigate (which elements were missing, what is the nature of the misalignments, etc.)

@smoupre: Thanks for the kind words! I'm truly excited to see when our users can make real use of our work Smiley Happy we will take a look at the issues in the report.

@Bartosz: supporting in-session filters and slicers are on our roadmap, but unfortunatley I don't have a timeline for them yet.

Best Regards,

Tzvi

Tzvi Keisar
Frequent Visitor

Re: Useless for us. Highly disappointed.

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry to hear your dissapointment from the feature. The benefit over taking screenshots or printing to PDF is getting single high-resolution images, which you can then use in your own presentation and resize it without it looking pixelated. Looks like this is not the case for you. 

This feature is still in preview and we are working to improve it. custom visuals will be supported.

report subscription is a different ask and already in the works:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7162005-send-report-or-dashboard-...

Thanks,

Tzvi

Tzvi Keisar
Frequent Visitor

Great work by enabling the export to PPT. However, we are looking forward for enabling the export of the custom visuals without which this feature would not be of much use to us.

Frequent Visitor

It is prety good but we will need additional configuration to design the first page layout, title, image....

Frequent Visitor

Nice job Power BI!

Next step: Do interactive, conect to data, posibility to change cover....

Keep moving Power BI

ThomasTurbado 

This is a good start. However, what we really need is a way to update the visuals in Power Point when data updates in Power BI. Hopefully that is on the road map.
Frequent Visitor

Powerful tool, however I find a few limitations:

I) You cannot customise the default PPT template (that should be simple to fix)
ii) It does not support custom visuals
iii) It does not support live content

Are these to be considered in a future release of this tool?

Regular Visitor

PPT export is great, hi-res and available for distribution offline.

However, it would be even more useful if we were able to automate the exports and also be able to apply different filter values for different exports.

Will PPT export and possibility to apply filters to exports be available in any API?
Visitor

Great start - wish it could handle more than just 15 tabs for this static feature. But looking forward when you can embed a dashboard or report tab directly into powerpoint with functionality as well.