Frequent Visitor

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

Thanks!

just Tried like this: edit the published report, do nothing, save, export to PPT, and report exported. I guess save as under 'File' will work too. But what's logic behind this operations so report could get exported? And I also got some grey area at the bottom half between two bar charts:

Untitled.jpg

Frequent Visitor

Following on from comments by Rongi, Erin and Jabar, yes resaving the page on the web does then allow the content of that page to appear in a newly exported powerpoint file.

This is only a workaround, as you have to resave each page after a data refresh/upload from the PBI desktop.

Its also only available to those users who have admin rights on the web!

Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone!

I would like to thank Power BI team for this great feature!

However, I ran into blank pages problem at first. My repost includes 6 pages, and the first one includes a map. When I tried to import the whole report, I got blank pages. However if I delete the page with the interactive map on it, import works perfectly!

My question is whether this happens due to memory probblems, or there is no options to import reports with maps in them? I have looked through the conversation, and didn't see the mentioning of report with maps, I apologize if someone has spoke about that issue before.

Thank you very much!

Best,

Anna

Frequent Visitor

Quick follow up.

I've create measure to get my own captions, and I am getting the following erro:

Activity IDec05552b-33a5-4901-8f4c-93a2ec0c4f9e
Request IDb2d99d6d-00bc-5d52-2a40-61ed6bcafec0
Correlation IDdb656c4f-435e-3a12-01e0-96b299298430
Status code500
TimeTue Mar 21 2017 12:38:23 GMT+0300 (Russia TZ 2 Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.1439
Occasional Visitor

This is a great new feature. Unfortunately it did not work for the latest reports I created. There are no error messages, but only the Title Slide is created, followed by an empty slide. It only works with an older report I did created for some reason. Can it be because I have created the new reports from the Power BI Desktop version and then published them?

For me it is a limitation that this can only be done from a report view, which I own and can access. Would be great if other can also eport to PPT from a Dashboard. Even better if it would be possibile to define in the share/access rights if a specific user is yes/no able to export the dashboard to PPT. This would be good as others than the person that actually created the Dashboard would need the graphs for reporting.

If you have any suggestions why my report content turns up empty in PPT, that would be much appriciated.

Regular Visitor

We are working on fixing the Blank Pages issue.

Meanwhile, you can enter edit mode on the web and save the report. This should mitigate the problem.

- ron

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the advice!

That solved al of my issues.

Have a great day!

Anna

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm trying to export my report in PowerPoint and I'm facing the following problems:

1) if I export the report directly, I get blank pages. The well-known workaround is that I have to save it everytime before exporting it, but it's really annoying.

2) In my report I have some images and background images (used as company default template), but when I try to export to PowerPoint they disappear.

3) Fonts color and alignment do not match on text boxes.

4) Text-quality for legend and labels or x-axis labels is defintely LOW.

Regards,

Gianluca

Thanks for your feedback!

1) you only need to save it again once. From then on, it should just work.
2) this is a known limitation. We have an item in our backlog to export background color for reports but no plans to background images at this point

3,4) those seem to be bugs, we will look into them

Frequent Visitor

Any tips to solve this issue?  I'm trying to build a presentation for management, and the service is unable to export to PPT today.  Any workarounds would be much appreciated.

Unable to export to PowerPoint
 We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDb4c38829-da75-4855-a38a-963911cf3f0d

Request ID5a74826a-a851-536b-d29b-9d9ad865acf8
Correlation IDfc3cdba3-a512-fb80-c247-c07a95ce676f
Status code500
TimeWed Mar 22 2017 14:40:34 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.1439