Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tzvikei
Employee
Employee

Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

This thread was created to gather feedback and communicate over the new Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feature in PowerBI.com.

Ask questions, suggest features, or leave general feedback. We will monitor closely.

Thanks,

Tzvi Keisar

Program Manager, Power BI

Tzvi Keisar
Senior Program Manager @ Microsoft Power BI
295 REPLIES 295
tkubba
Regular Visitor

It would be awesome to export R visuals to Power Point. Is this Feature on your Roadmap as well?

R visuals support in Export to PPT is on our roadmap; stay tuned for updates on this front. 

mtamcsin
Frequent Visitor

When embedding a report tile into PowerPoint, it would be great if you could crop out everything besides the actual data visuals that you put into the report. The grey area around the visuals, black filter tab, and everything else in the tile just look messy and unprofessional. I'd like to just have a tile that is filled by the actual created visuals.

seabassk
Regular Visitor

What would be cool here is a function that lets you export data on the basis of individual tiles or visual items into Powerpoint. Often times I just need to include a specific visual in a slide without the need to export entire reports.

mbthome

The below Scenario not currently working, but I would really like for it to be supported. Thanks!

Open a PowerBI report which I do NOT have the ability to modify...
Apply a few filters to get the view of the data that matters to me...

Export MY view with the applied filters to PPT.

Current Result: It exports the default view with none of my filters applied.

Expecteded Result: The view I see when I click export (which has my filters applied) is exported

thanks!

Hi,

This is indeed the current behavior. We do plan to support this, but there's no concrete ETA yet.

Regards,

- ron

Hi,

is there a way to change the layout of the PowerPoint ?

Now when export to powerpoint I get a file with a black cover and since I have a theme applied using Power BI desktop, the PowerPoint should also have the colours of the Theme.

Thanks.

Thanks for reaching out. Power Point theming is a request that we are aware of but it is not in our immediate roadmap. 

Would be great if you could vote on that in the ideas forum!

Hi ellbe,

can you please share the link to the idea so we can vote ?

Thanks,

Filipa

Thanks for reaching out. Power Point theming is a request that we are aware of but it is not in our immediate roadmap. 

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you referring to the cover page theming or the visuals theming?

For cover page - we do not have that in our immediate roadmap, would be great if you could vote on that in the ideas forum.

For visual level theming - we are aware of this issue and working on fixing it in the near future.

Hi,

I was referring to both, the cover and visual level theming.

Can you please send to me the links for the ideas so I can vote for the cover and track the implementation of the visual level theming ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Ideas forum is at https://ideas.powerbi.com/

Regards,

- ron

Hi Ron,

I know the link to the Ideas Forum, what I requested it is the direct link to the idea for the cover page so I can vote and for the visual level theming.

Thanks.

I do not think any of them is mentioned on the ideas forum.

Niels1

Will this feature be available on the power bi for reporting services on release?

If not, is there anything planned for this feature?

Hi Niels,

Currently we do not have a plan to support export to PPT for SSRS mobile reports.

If this is something that you think has high priority, please add that as an idea to mobile ideas page.

Thanks,

Gabi

dcresp
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Will Export to Power BI work under the Embeded API with Power BI Premium? If so how would this need to be set up?

We do not have that in our backlog at the moment. Wolud be great if you colud add a new idea for that and elaborate on the reason you need it

Disapointing to hear that this feature is not in the plans for Power BI Premium embeded. I have posted it to the ideas forum. Link to idea 

We certainly see this as a key need in Power BI Premium embeded and hope others agree. Please vote for this idea.

What will also be important is that we have security control over who can use this feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors