Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

We are aware to that request and its importance, and it is in our backlog. Unfortunately no slated release date yet.

Frequent Visitor

This new feature is great! However, we have complex reports that have more than 15 pages so this currently won't work for our main reports.

After testing on a smaller report, I have some feedback:

When exporting to Powerpoint, the functionality to select which pages to print would be great. Perhaps a thumbnail view to select the required slides? We have large, complex reports and don't want to separate these into smaller reports so this feature would be brilliant.

We would most likely use this feature to provide a 'moment in time' snapshot of figures (usually carried out monthly). Therefore, it would be beneficial to be able to apply filters to the report that will remain when it is exported to Powerpoint. e.g. we often use a month filter to select a particular time period, we can then compare the data to previous years.

Thanks for your feedback!
We are aware of the importance of features you suggested and they are both in our backlog.

Frequent Visitor

Is this feature available in Power BI desktop? I have been unable to find it.

If not, is there a reason why it's not there?

Regular Visitor

@andyloveless This feature is only available on PowerBI.com right now.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for confirming that so quickly!

Visitor

Dear comunity,

I am having a issue when I use the export to Power Point feature. When I Export my report to PowerPoint, it changes the Euro sign (€) to the well known Dollar Sign ($). Is there a way to prevent this from happening? 

Thanks in advance! 

Occasional Visitor

I am using Power BI Desktop Version: 2.45.4704.722 64-bit (April, 2017).

There is no "File" option in the menu bar.

There is no "Export to PowerPoint" in the drop down list to the left of "Home" (I do not know how to call it.)

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

The Export to Powerpoint feature is only available for files that have been published to PowerBI.com.

Regular Visitor

I have some slicers on the report, AttributeSlicers and Slicers, and encounter some problems when applying filters and exporting the filtered report to PPT:

1. AttributeSlicer filter doesn't work with Export to PPT

2. I have pro license, and filtered report through Slicer can be exported to PPT after using 'Save As' or 'Save'; but other people who I shared the dashboard can't export the filtered report to PPT since they don't have 'Save as' or 'Save' under 'File' menu. I am not sure if a pro license is needed for a user to use 'Save' or there's somewhere I can give them 'write' access so that they are able to save the filtered report then export the filtered report.

Thanks!