Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerQueryFTW
Frequent Visitor

Excel Online freezes during Onedrive hourly refresh

I have excel online sheets that members of my organization are looking at all day long.  When I have onedrive refresh enabled on the dataset, every hour or so for 5 minutes at a time all the excel online sheets go down and give file not found/moved errors.  

The errors stop when i disable onedrive refresh.  Is this just how it is or is there a way to ensure the files are always live?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PowerQueryFTW,

Do you mean that when Power BI Service refreshes your dataset that contains the Excel file, you are not able to open the Excel online? If so, I am not able to refresh your issue. Could you please post full error message and post a screenshot about your scenario?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi.  I never figured out how to solve this being how random it occurs.  My file is setup to refresh using VB script and i have no issues there.  Onedrive refresh is enabled to update some charts that I have in powerbi.  Whenever Onedrive refresh is enabled, i get access issues to random people in my org.  

So if i have 20 people that look at the report everyday, occasionally one of the people will tell me they cant get into the report.  They get this error message.  

"We're sorry. We ran into a problem completing your request.
Please try that again in a few minutes."

I just had the CEO of my company get this error even though he's been able to access in the past.  I also just asked multiple others if they are getting errors and they had no problems.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors