Frequent Visitor

Esri maps not focusing on plotted data when pinned to a dashboard

Dashboards with ESRI map tiles don't  focus on an appropriate area that contains all or any of the data in the report.  To repro, create an ESRI map in a report and plot some data.   Next, pin the ESRI map to a dashboard.  More than likely you will find the ESRI map focusing on an area of the map that has none of the plotted data or a small amount of it.

Re: Esri maps not focusing on plotted data when pinned to a dashboard

Hi @mjfulke,

Could you please post screenshot of your scenario and post same data of your table? I create a ArcGIS maps in Power BI Service following the instructions in this article, when I pin the ArcGIS map to dashboard, I get the screenshot in my scenario, we can click + or - to adjust the size of map to show data in dashboard.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Frequent Visitor

Here’s my repro

This is a screenshot of a dashboard with an ESRI map (highlighted in yellow)

pic1.png

When I pin this ESRI visual to a Dashboard, I expect the map to be scaled to include all of the data as the default.  At a minimum it should have the same scale and focus as it had when I was looking at it in the report.

What happens when I pin the visual to a Dashboard, is it  looks like this as the default.  I have no way changing the default view from the dashboard.  I would expect it scale to show all data.

pic2.png

Hi @mjfulke

Would you mind sharing sample data of your table so that I can repro?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang