Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjfulke
Employee
Employee

Esri maps not focusing on plotted data when pinned to a dashboard

Dashboards with ESRI map tiles don't  focus on an appropriate area that contains all or any of the data in the report.  To repro, create an ESRI map in a report and plot some data.   Next, pin the ESRI map to a dashboard.  More than likely you will find the ESRI map focusing on an area of the map that has none of the plotted data or a small amount of it.

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mjfulke,

Could you please post screenshot of your scenario and post same data of your table? I create a ArcGIS maps in Power BI Service following the instructions in this article, when I pin the ArcGIS map to dashboard, I get the screenshot in my scenario, we can click + or - to adjust the size of map to show data in dashboard.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here’s my repro

This is a screenshot of a dashboard with an ESRI map (highlighted in yellow)

pic1.png

When I pin this ESRI visual to a Dashboard, I expect the map to be scaled to include all of the data as the default.  At a minimum it should have the same scale and focus as it had when I was looking at it in the report.

What happens when I pin the visual to a Dashboard, is it  looks like this as the default.  I have no way changing the default view from the dashboard.  I would expect it scale to show all data.

pic2.png

Hi @mjfulke

Would you mind sharing sample data of your table so that I can repro?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia.   I sent you a e-mail with my PBIX file you can use.

Hi @mjfulke,

I don't get a email with PBIX file attached. Please upload your PBIX to OneDrive and post the shared link of the PBIX file via Private Message.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi @mjfulke

In your scenario, please choose “Edit”  in the Esri map, then zoom out the map by clicking “-” to make all the points visible and drag this map slightly to make the ten points visible in Report section, then save the report and pin the map to dashboard. For more details, please review the following screenshots

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi @mjfulke,

I can reproduce your issue using your PBIX file, I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors