Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jtpowell
Regular Visitor

Error - "Couldn't create the app workspace."

I've tried perhaps 5 times this morning to create an app workspace.  I get the error below each time I click the "save" button after naming the workspace and adding a member.

This is the first app workspace I've tried to create.

I began my 60 Pro trial one day ago.

Error message:

Something went wrong

Couldn't create the app workspace.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID78c7ad7e-856b-6e07-aaf1-e541dbcea08b
Request ID9b8cd2fa-e909-ea2e-47ea-b4a01b4d9ee9
Correlation ID73d3792f-e318-519a-2f0b-5adc16465498
Status code500
TimeMon Oct 16 2017 08:42:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.2753.184

I'm reposting this here because I got no response after using the "got help" link on the error message itself.  Multiple people have reported similar error messages this morning in the same place I did, with no acknowledgement of the issues.

Original post:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jtpowell,

The app workspace is actually group, and the Power BI group is actually O365 group. The group creation in Power BI is now controlled by the group creation in Exchange Online. Generally, this error will occur when the Exchange admin have disabled it. According to your issue, please refer to the answer in the following knowledge base.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/Couldn-t-create-the-group/ta-p/169456

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jtpowell
Regular Visitor

I've tried perhaps 5 times this morning to create an app workspace.  I get the error below each time I click the "save" button after naming the workspace and adding a member.

This is the first app workspace I've tried to create.

I began my 60 Pro trial one day ago.

Error message:

Something went wrong

Couldn't create the app workspace.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID78c7ad7e-856b-6e07-aaf1-e541dbcea08b
Request ID9b8cd2fa-e909-ea2e-47ea-b4a01b4d9ee9
Correlation ID73d3792f-e318-519a-2f0b-5adc16465498
Status code500
TimeMon Oct 16 2017 08:42:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.2753.184

I'm reposting this here because I got no response after using the "got help" link on the error message itself.  Multiple people have reported similar error messages this morning in the same place I did, with no acknowledgement of the issues.

Original post:

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jtpowell

Can you confirm from your Office 365 Administrator that you are allowed to create Office 365 groups?

If you are not allowed to creae Office 365 groups then you could possibly get this error. It is something that I know the Power BI team is looking to remove at some point.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

This happens to me when I try to create an app workspace, which I understand should not create an Office 365 group.  Perhaps I've misunderstood that, though.

Also, there are multiple reports of similar errors on the issues page where I originally posted this.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues/tab/most-recent

Thoughts?

Hi @jtpowell,

The app workspace is actually group, and the Power BI group is actually O365 group. The group creation in Power BI is now controlled by the group creation in Exchange Online. Generally, this error will occur when the Exchange admin have disabled it. According to your issue, please refer to the answer in the following knowledge base.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/Couldn-t-create-the-group/ta-p/169456

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors