Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mueland
Frequent Visitor

Error in Service due to date formats/regional settings(?)

Hi,

Really struggelig with some date issues.

Have created a report in the desktop version and everything is working. However, when I upload to the service and update I get an error.

errror.png

I'm not sure what is wrong but when I check the table in the error message (Tabled: Budsjett) I find that I get an error on the date column when I change my regional settings in the Desktop version. Started out with Norwegian (and then my date column is ok) but when I change to e.g. US, the date colum shows error. 

The format is like the one under:

table.png

Then I tried to just look at the table where I get an error. I changed the date to US created a table visual and everything seemed fine in the Desktop version. ThenI Ipublished a report and tried to refresh but still I got the error. To me it seems that there are some issues with regional settings and date formats but can't really figure it out.

Any tips?

2 REPLIES 2
lndnbrg
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hej! You can try to change the data type by explicitly setting the region. Check this: https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/07/08/fix-date-errors/

Thank you for the answer,

It's a nice blog post. It didn't really solve my issue but did a work-around by splitting the date column and then concatenating the text in another date format, before changing the type. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors