Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamesgbrooks
Frequent Visitor

Error Receiving Daily Subscription Email (Email isn't showing Data)

Many colleagues are reporting an error in which the dashboard they subscribe to is not delivering with the proper snapshot of the dashboard. They are receiving a bunch of blank tiles that say "an unexpected error occurs." When they click the dashboard to go to it, all the data loads properly. Why is this email delivering in this way?

dash.png

7 REPLIES 7
CELIAMT
Regular Visitor

Hello,

is there any new about this issue?

Some colleagues have a daily suscription email to a dashboard.  This works ok in for some of us, but, other of us receive the same error that jamesbrooks describes: receiving a bunch of blank tiles that say "an unexpected error occurs."

All of us have permisions to the report and if we click the dashboard to go to it, all the data loads properly.

What could be happening?

Thanks,

Celia

Hmm my report and dashboard subscriptions are still working fine as of this morning. Maybe try deleting the subscription and re-subscribe if you have not tried it already.

Thank you very much.

Today, the situacion is the opposite that yesterday. The people that yesterday received the error, today it is working fine. And, the people that yesyerday didn´t have problems, today receive the error.

It looks like an aleatory incorrect behaviour.

@jamesgbrooks Looks like there are some issues related to this on the support site:

Users may be unable to receive email subscription notifications via the Power BI service. Engineers are currently working on a fix. Next update @05/21/2018 19:00 PDT.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Unfortuantely, this did not fix the issue.

@jamesgbrooks There was a blog released yesterday stating that the functionality to subscribe for them is now available. Did you see / try this? https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/subscribe-others-to-email-subscriptions-in-power-bi/

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hey Seth, this functionality is working for certain reports for me but for the others reports the image in the email is distored with slicer's spaced out. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors