Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marquespolastri
Frequent Visitor

Error Power BI online - Data Refresh

I have an initial file that i uploaded in power bi desktop. I update the file in power bi desktop. But when I refresh the data in power bi online, it messes my data.

In Power BI Desktop when I refresh it works, but in Power BI online I lost data after refresh.

Thanks,

Print_PBI_Desktop.JPGPrint_PBI_Online.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marquespolastri,

Is this issue appears on other published reports? Can you please provide more contents to help us clarify your scenario?

E.g:

Datasource type, connection model, refresh history and logs, datasource certificate, screenshots... 

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, for while we only noticed this error in this datasource.

This datasource contains 2 connections:

SAP BW - data from BI SAP ( standard connector from Power BI).

PO40 - Data from Oracle ( standard connector from Power BI ).

Gateway InfoGateway InfoRefresh HistoryRefresh History

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Is there a difference in the way the data is being refreshed?

What is the source of your data?

And if you download the PBIX what is in it?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Data are refresh using the same gateway.

The source are: 

SAP BW - Data from BI SAP using standard connector provide in Power BI ( for forecast and budget data ).

Oracle Database ( for real data) - the problem is in this data after refresh they missed.

I downloaded the PBIX file and the same problem occurs, but when I updated the data in Power BI Desktop again, the data was populated and worked fine.

Thanks.

The only thing I can think of when it refreshes does the configured Service account have the permissions to all the data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes, I have permission of all data.

HI @marquespolastri,

Does any refresh fail messages appears on your side? Can you please share some gateway refresh logs?

BTW, your visual seems created by columns and multiple measures.  Any filters in your measures? Can you please share sample formulas?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

HI @marquespolastri,

Does any refresh fail messages appears on your side? Can you please share some gateway refresh logs?

BTW, your visual seems created by columns and multiple measures.  Any filters in your measures? Can you please share sample formulas?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors