Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lucy64
Helper III
Helper III

Embeded report taking too long to update/refresh

I have seen many posts on this issue from last year, I was wondering if I have missed news of an update.  I have embeded code in an Access Database to show the Power BI report.  However I want to see quick updates to the graph as I edit the data in Access.

Currently I just use the "Link you can send in email"  https://app.powerbi.com/.....

Is there another method I can use to get an update within a matter of minutes/seconds rather than 1 hour?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lucy64,

>>Is there another method I can use to get an update within a matter of minutes/seconds rather than 1 hour?

I haven't found a way to apply these refresh immediately. As document told, the refresh of report is done, but it will delay for almost one hour to apply these update to the embed code which publish to web.

Reference link:

Publish to web from Power BI

Updates to reports, and data refresh

After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report is updated with any changes you make. However, it’s important to know that it can take a while for update to be visible to your users. Updates to a report or visual take approximately one hour to be reflected in Publish to web embed codes.

When you initially use Publish to web to get an embed code, the embed code link is immediately active and can be viewed by anyone who opens the link. After the initial Publish to web action, subsequent updates to reports or visuals to which a Publish to web link points can take approximately one hour to be visible to your users.

To learn more, see the How it works section later in this article. If you need your updates to be immediately available, you can delete the embed code and create a new one.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
VP
MVP

Are you using Free or Pro version?

Ifi you are using Free version, You can change to pro to spped up refresh operation.

2017-04-26_13-30-27.jpg

Yes I have Pro version

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors