Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sadhnabatra
Frequent Visitor

Embed a filtered Power BI Service report in Dynamics 365

Hello Everyone

I would like to know If I am a Pro user can I use Power BI Embedded for embedding filtered reports in Dynamics 365 at no extra cost?

I want  like to see sales data specific to a customer in Dynamics 365. So for each customer I would see data specific to only that customer.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/

Can Power BI Embedded be used to create internal applications?

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@sadhnabatra,

I have tested it on my local environment, if you pin a tile to your dynamic dashborad and share to other users, before users can view this Power BI dashboard, you need to share this dashboard to users in Power BI serivces.

In Power BI services, when you share with people, they get an email with a link to the shared dashboard. They need a Power BI Pro license, and they have to sign in to Power BI to see the dashboard.

So back to your question

"I would like to know If I am a Pro user can I use Power BI Embedded for embedding filtered reports in Dynamics 365 at no extra cost?"
You do not need any extra cost. You need share bashboard to users in Power BI services first, and they need  a pro license.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors