Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit/Rename legends in charts

I have difficulty in renaming pie chart legend in powerBi.

I want to change the legends PN:10 and PN:9 to Lake1 and Lake2.

Can you please state any  steps/workaround  to achieve this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand you correctly, you can firstly add a new calculate column to change the values PN:10 and PN:9 to Lake1 and Lake2 in the table that contains the legend column. Then you can use this new created column as Legend instead on the Pie chart in this scenario. 

The formula below to create the calculate column is for your reference. Smiley Happy

Column = SWITCH ( Table1[Column1], "PN:10", "Lake1", "PN:9", "Lake2", Table1[Column1] )

Note: just replace "Table1[Column1]" with your real table name and column name of your legend column.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gnanasekar
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Anonymous

Now you can directly edit/rename column name in legend on pie chart in PowerBI desktop (July 2017 version) and service.

Do double click on column name in legend. Then you can rename/edit there.

By 

Gnanasekar

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand you correctly, you can firstly add a new calculate column to change the values PN:10 and PN:9 to Lake1 and Lake2 in the table that contains the legend column. Then you can use this new created column as Legend instead on the Pie chart in this scenario. 

The formula below to create the calculate column is for your reference. Smiley Happy

Column = SWITCH ( Table1[Column1], "PN:10", "Lake1", "PN:9", "Lake2", Table1[Column1] )

Note: just replace "Table1[Column1]" with your real table name and column name of your legend column.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors