Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jpquinn
Helper I
Helper I

Ease on Changing Dashboard or Report Connection from One Cube to Another?

Hello,

I'm creating a new cube that is just like an existing cube but with new columns and changes. The existing cube has a number of dashboards and reports built from it, how easy or hard is the process, if possible, to change the existing dashboards and reports to the new cube?

Thanks, JPQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jpquinn If you started your report build by using the Desktop, it's as easy as changing the connection string... If you built it all in the Service, than you need to re-create everything that is reliant on the other dataset.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@jpquinn If you started your report build by using the Desktop, it's as easy as changing the connection string... If you built it all in the Service, than you need to re-create everything that is reliant on the other dataset.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors