Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mrkuk
Frequent Visitor

Does hidden visuals impact performance

I have hidden visuals (KPIs, some tables and few charts) made for dashboard in my main report. Do these hidden visuals have impact on report viewing performance? Do they load/query with the rest of the report when you open it?  Is it even ok to hide those visuals for the dashboard in the same report where more detailed information is viewed, or is it preferred to make separate report?

4 REPLIES 4
mrkuk
Frequent Visitor

I have hidden visuals (KPIs, some tables and few charts) made for dashboard in my main report. Do these hidden visuals have impact on report viewing performance? Do they load/query with the rest of the report when you open it?  Is it even ok to hide those visuals for the dashboard in the same report where more detailed information is viewed, or is it preferred to make separate report?

@mrkuk

What do you mean "hide visuals"? 

Currently, you can only hide Tables or Columns. However, they are still loaded into the data model even they are hidden.

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

Enabling "Selection Pane" you can hide any visual from report page. Then on BI cloud unhide it and add it to any dashboard and hide it again.   So, if people are opening report with the hidden visuals, does it impact the performance of other visible visuals loading?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you found the answer to this question?  I'm wondering the same thing!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors