Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aldredd
Advocate I
Advocate I

Display in Focus Mode when Publishing to Web

Hi, I was going to post to Ideas, but thought I'd check I'm not just missing something first.

I've published a report to web, which contains one visual.

Because there's only the one visual, I want it to be in focus mode by default rather than the user having to select it.

Is there a way of setting this as the default behaviour (or replicating the behaviour for a single-vis report?)

Example Here

(scroll down a little) - I've included a little arrow/text box to encourage the user to switch to focus mode, which looks much better than the default mode.

8 REPLIES 8
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aldredd,

In Power BI, we need to manually click the Focus Mode button to expand the visual each time, it's not supported to set Focus Mode by default for visuals in reports ,dashboards. When publishing to the web, there is also no OOTB feature for us to set this mode.

So for your requirement, it can't be achieved currently. I would suggest you submit a idea item in Power BI Idea forum. Smiley Happy

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks - I thought that was the case, but wanted to be sure before raising an idea.

I've created a new idea HERE if anyone fancies voting for it Robot Happy

voted as well.  It's June 2018 and looks like it's still not implemented?

I will vote for this too!
was planning to add the idea myself.

I need this too, was it fixed?

Hi @aldredd,

I have voted on your idea item. Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
aldredd
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @ankitpatira

I did try playing around with that, but couldn't replicate the view.

This is because the default screen size in standard view is 16:9, but Focus View fills the tile.

To demonstrate what I mean, I've altered the dimensions of my web-part to 400x800

When it loads, it's still in 16:9 ratio, so even if it 'fills' the report page in PBI, it still comes up small. On the other hand, focus mode will fill the entire web part.

Standard ViewStandard ViewFocus ViewFocus View

I thought I'd seen somewhere the option to set the initial workspace size, which may have offered a workaround, but can't find this now, so may have imaged it!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@aldredd If you only have one visual on the report then why don't you jus edit the report and make that visual cover entire page and then publish to web. This will be equivalent to having focus mode. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors