Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alex_192
Frequent Visitor

Disallow sub jacent data downloading

Hello everyone,

I am trying to dissalow users to download all sub jacent data from my report / dashboards.

Is that possible ? 

Thanks in advance for your help !

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Alex_192,

Your account needs to be marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role, to get access to the Power BI admin portal. For more information about the Power BI service administrator role, see Understanding the Power BI admin roleSmiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can control in admin portal. 

Go to admin portal->tenant Settings->Export Data. Allow the only specific group to download and restrict others or totally disable.

Security.png

thank you for your answer,

unfortunately i don't have "admin portal" in the "parameter" section. Is that something I could have with the Pro version ?

Or is it because all powerbi licenses in my company are managed centrally by the IT depratment ?

Thanks

Alex

Hi @Alex_192,

Your account needs to be marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role, to get access to the Power BI admin portal. For more information about the Power BI service administrator role, see Understanding the Power BI admin roleSmiley Happy

Regards

Hello v-ljerr-msft,

I have now access to the admin portal, but it seems that if I disallow this option users won't be able to export at least data behind each visualisation (aggregate datas) ?

My idea was just to disallow the sub jacent data download, so they can dowload data which are in the visualisation but not the data source behind.

Is that possible ?

many thanks

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors