Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ovais
Frequent Visitor

Deleting a tab from a desktop report does not remove it on PowerBI Service

When I delete a tab from a report in PowerBI Desktop i.e. .pbix file, save and publish it again to the PowerBI service, that tab in a report continues to be shown.

However, when I delete a visual from a report in PowerBI Desktop i.e. .pbix file, save and publish it again to the PowerBI service, that visual instantly disappears from from the PowerBI service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ovais,

As I test, I create two pages in Power BI desktop. Then publish it to service, it display correctlt. I delete page2, save and republish it to service(please click "replace" to replace the original .pbix as shown in screenshot2). The page2 still disappear in Power BI service(screenshot3).

At first, I didn't refresh power bi service, I can still see the page2 because the web shows your original one. After refresh, it display the new .pbix file, and it's same with report in desktop. For your scenario, I guess you don't refresh the Power BI service after you republish the deleted report. So please refresh your Power Bi service and check it works fine.

screenhot1screenhot1screenshot2screenshot2screenshot3screenshot3
Please respond to me if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ovais,

What does a tab refer to? Could you please share a screenshot for further analysis? I can't imagine your scenario based on your description.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Sorry, I mean a page in a single report. In other words, a canvas in a .pbix file.

Hi @Ovais,

As I test, I create two pages in Power BI desktop. Then publish it to service, it display correctlt. I delete page2, save and republish it to service(please click "replace" to replace the original .pbix as shown in screenshot2). The page2 still disappear in Power BI service(screenshot3).

At first, I didn't refresh power bi service, I can still see the page2 because the web shows your original one. After refresh, it display the new .pbix file, and it's same with report in desktop. For your scenario, I guess you don't refresh the Power BI service after you republish the deleted report. So please refresh your Power Bi service and check it works fine.

screenhot1screenhot1screenshot2screenshot2screenshot3screenshot3
Please respond to me if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks.

It worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors