Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

khaledhikmat
Regular Visitor

Delete or reset a real-time dataset

Hello, given a real-time dataset created by a real-time stream (API or Stream Analytic), how do I reset it or clear its entries? I want to pump test data, build the visuals, reset the data and make it available for the real stuff. Thanks.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sirui_sun
Employee
Employee

Hello!

If you've created a real-time dataset and you didn't check the "Enable historic data analysis" option, then there is no need to manually clear its entries, since Power BI is not storing anything.

If you've created a real-time dataset either by checking the "historic data analysis" option, or via an Azure Stream Analytics output, you can delete its rows using our REST API. You can start with our documentation here, let us know if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alexsroussi
Regular Visitor

I think I found a trick for this one (if you're talking about streaming dataset). You can disable Historic data analysis and re-enable it.

It looks like disabling clears the stored data.

Can you do this vis REST API?

This worked for me. Turn off history, save, turn on history, save. Then refresh the displays.

Thank you!

alexsroussi
Regular Visitor

I think I found a trick for this one (if you're talking about streaming dataset). You can disable Historic data analysis and re-enable it.

It looks like disabling clears the stored data.

sirui_sun
Employee
Employee

Hello!

If you've created a real-time dataset and you didn't check the "Enable historic data analysis" option, then there is no need to manually clear its entries, since Power BI is not storing anything.

If you've created a real-time dataset either by checking the "historic data analysis" option, or via an Azure Stream Analytics output, you can delete its rows using our REST API. You can start with our documentation here, let us know if you have any questions!

Hi sirui_sun 

I am not clear on the proposed solution.

I have Stream analytics job that push streaming data into Power BI .

I want to be able to reset \ clear the dashboard that feeds off the streaming dataset.

Fyi The Dashboard report Event attendance and Sale info ... I want to be able to reset the dashboard the following day automatically .Appreciate your assistance 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors