Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

December 2017 update ?

Is there a Power BI update for December 2017 ? This morning (December 8th) there is a new blog post about Power BI service October and November feature summary (this blog was written on December 7th) but nothing about new features for December... Normal ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caioproiete
Regular Visitor

11 REPLIES 11
caioproiete
Regular Visitor

It's available now:

Power BI Desktop December Feature Summary
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-december-feature-summary/

Hello,

I've downloaded the december update but can's see any new feature. (Q&A, new visuals, etc.)

I have a x64 version.

I've even unistalled the previous version and installed a new one and still I see no changes. 

Am I the oly one with this problem?

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

New visuals need to be downloaded from the App Store.  Q&A needs to be turned on in the File|Options& Settings|Options pane.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year there was no December update.  I have been checking back almost daily too.  Generally these updates occur in the teens just before mid-month.  My guess is that if we do not see anything this week then the next update will likely occur in January.    

matemusic
Advocate III
Advocate III

I don't know why, but for this update i look at least twice a day 😄 can't wait

jmerchant209
Regular Visitor

I hope improvements to report level filter aesthetics are under the tree this year.

sekic
Helper I
Helper I

My Dec wish 🙂

Dear Santa,

I don't need any candy sweets PBI updates for Xmas, I got only one wish, stabile service and stabile NE cloud.

Thanks

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I think that was just a recap of the highlights of the past 2 months of releases. Not sure I would read anything into that regarding a December update but it's possible that there may not be one with the holidays and such. If there is, I would expect it to be a little "light" perhaps?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Amir Netz, Technical Fellow at Microsoft, CTO of Power BI & Intelligence Platform, tweeted Dec. 8th: "You all get your weekend back: The new Power BI Desktop will be released early next week. So this weekend is going to be about family time. At least your kids will be happy (I hope)."  On the 6th he tweeted: "The Power BI Desktop for December is so laden with features it takes us a bit longer to push it out the door. But it is coming. And it is awesome."

Thus, I would expect a new, full, and exciting release this coming week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just like waiting for your Christmas presents, shivering with anticipations Smiley Indifferent

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I agree!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors