Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Date slicer set as relative: Last x days never shows current day? Last week does?

Using the relative date slicer if I say Last X days, it always shows yesterday and back not today.

If I use last week or month it shows TODAY and back.

What is the intended usage here?  I thought Last x days would be starting at today and going back, but that does not seem to be the case?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
efigoldman
Frequent Visitor

Also when using the range slicer in weeks/Months - when you say last 2 months, you might want it to include this current month. how can this be done? when clicking on "Include today" nothing is changed. 

Hi @efigoldman

There is a question with regards to which Months you use from the drop down.

If you use the "Months" this will be from your current day going back 2 months as shown below. It will always be for the current date.

A-PBI Community.png

If you then use the "Months (Calendar)" this will use Full Calendar Months, and will start from the previous full month. So because June is still current, the previous full start month is May and then go back 2 months, as you can see below.

A-PBI Community.png

So I would suggest using the filter that applies for what you are trying to show.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Dear @GilbertQ - sounds good. thanks a lot.

My original intention was to enable the query - from the beggining of last month till today. But non of these options enables that.

Hi @efigoldman

If you want to do this from the Query Editor you can do this by creating parameters and then populating the parameters with the start of the current month and another parameter until the end of the month.

What I have done in the past is I have put my variables into the M code, so that it is easier for me to use for my dataset.

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

An option on the Date slicer is to "Include Today" which you can toggle, to include the current day.

A-PBI Community.png

Power BI Blog

Thanks, I tried that...but still no good.

It still shows 6/6/2017 instead of today which is 6/7/2017.

What is odd though is if I use week, it works fine and shows 6/7/2017.

Doesn't matter for the day if I toggle that "Include Today" toggle or not... 😞

Hi there, the only thing that I can think of that would make it work this way was if it was using the Power BI Servers Date and Time (UTC) And if you were based in a different timezone then due to the servers time it is not yet technically today?

Power BI Blog

I checked that, all the other dates match up just fine (like when I have a last refreshed date in a column that I use defined as =NOW() ).

So, and maybe I am wrong, but I would think that time would come back different but it matches my timezone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors