Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kmccormick
Frequent Visitor

Date Slicer Format Changes in Service

I've recently noticed that my date filters in the Services are showing up as a full length date/time field, instead of the way I have them formatted. But it only shows up like that until you select another option, then it dissapears and returns to the correct format. Has anyone experienced this or know of a way to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kmccormick,

I can reproduce it. Did you notice that the last option will disappear when you click the second one? That's because the last one isn't valid. Then its format is default.

Date_Slicer_Format_Changes_in_Service

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft - 

I did notice the invalid option disappear after you click a second one, but I don't know how to stop that from being the default?

Hi

I'm having this exact same issue - has a solution been found?

Thank you!

Grace

Just to clarify - even when all the dates are selected in the filter section it still starts off by showing the date format incorrectly. 

I have the settings for the date filter set so that only one date can be selected at a time. In the example above, I had "December 2017" selected when I saved the report and published it. Then it shows with the incorrect format until the user selects a different date. Then the incorrectly formatted option disappears altogether.

Same here! I was wondering whether it had something to do with the latest update as I only began noticing it after I downloaded that. Have you got the latest version?

@GraceC - I noticed the problem with the December 2017 Desktop update. I just downloaded the January 2018 version and republished, but the problem was still there. Smiley Sad

Maybe when the next Service updates happen, we'll see a change?

Hi @kmccormick, the latest update seemed to resolve the issue for me. I hope you find the same! Cheers

Hi All,

This issue is a little annoy. So I reported it finally. The report ID is: CRI 58227962. Sorry for the inconvenience. You still can refer to: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Date-Slicer-Formatting-Bug/idi-p/345231.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kmccormick,

Which slicer exactly?

Best Regards,

Dale

It's just the regular, built-in PowerBI Slicer set to a drop-down. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors