Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

agragesh123
Frequent Visitor

Date Display Format- Power BI Service

Hi!

How to change the date display format from MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY in power BI Service. The Date is in DD/MM/YYYY when I uploaded it from my .pbix file but in service it takes it as MM/DD/YYYY. How to change this.

this is in MM/DD/YYYY how to change this to DD/MM/YYYY in power bi servicethis is in MM/DD/YYYY how to change this to DD/MM/YYYY in power bi service

Please do help out

With Regards

Agragesh 

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @agragesh123,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. The DAX = Format([Date],"dd/MM/yyyy" ) will work fine in Power BI service.

q6.PNG

In your scenario, please publish the attached .PBIX file to service to see if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Please choose that field and navigate to Modeling tab, and choose options in Format

2016-12-02_17h28_53.png

In case this feature could not adapt your expectation, you could use DAX with Format function:

_ Create New Calculated Column

_ New Column = Format([DateField],"dd/MM/yyyy" )

Otherwise, You should refer discussed topic for locale setting:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-change-the-date-format/td-p/40460

hi! @tringuyenminh92

I have tried both the methods suggested before. I guess Modelling Tab is avilable only in Power BI desktop and not in Service. 

My desktop version is correctly displaying the date as DD/MM/YYYY but once I upload to service it changes to MM/DD/YYYY this is the problem.

Thanks 

Regards

Agragesh 

In this case, we could wait response from some staffs or you could post this in issue forum: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors