Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Dataset not refreshing

Hi All, 

I've recently re-published a report into the PBI Service and the dataset appears to not be refreshing. 

I have seen this issue on content packs before whereas I've needed to delete the content pack and recreate it but I've never had an issue with new fields, measures etc... not updating. 

does anyone know if there is an issue currently with the PBI Service in general, I've checked the support page and apparently there are none. 😞

4 REPLIES 4
Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

just to add to this..... 

I have completely deleted the dataset and report and published again from scratch and yet still it seems to be stating these new columns and measures do not exist (as if it's reading from a cache) 

@Dog,

How is your dataset connected to the service?

Alan

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @alanhodgson

the dataset is connected to AS through gateway. 

@Dog

I haven't reproduced your issue. If the new fields can be updated in Power BI Desktop properly, please clear the data cache and re-publish it onto Power BI Service. Also we found an issue related to the latest version On-Premise Gateway, please try the older version (14.1636228.1).

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors