Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reb_sou1

Dataset is not listed(Showing) from azure stream analytics in Power BI

Hi ,

I have new to this Azure and Power BI. I have created a free subscription account in Azure as well as in Power BI.

Am trying to do is:

I have pushed some data into Azure Event Hub . Then that data will be pulled by streaming job using Streaming analytics. I treid to use Power BI as output for this streaming job output.While i configure this power BI its asking for autherization email id. I did that with my office email id. hence its autherized.

I have created the dataset and all in azure. Then start the datapush application as well as start the streaming job.

Then i go to Power BI web UI and try to find out and configure the real streaming data visulaization.

But unfortunately the dataset i have created 9in Azure streaming that is not listed into Dataset section of Power BI.

Can you please suggest me the solution to over come this problem?

Please do mention the steps to do this . Like when start streaming job then loginto Power Bi, then searching dataset etc.

I need your help ,please help me.

Thanks

Sourav

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@reb_sou1

You should be able to find the streaming dataset in Datasets - Streaming datasets as below screenshot.

With a streaming dataset, there is no underlying database, so you cannot build report visuals using the data that flows in from the stream. As such, you cannot make use of report functionality such as filtering, custom visuals, and other report functions.

Dataset is not listed(Showing) from azure stream analytics in Power BI_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

pbi_stream.jpg

I do not have streaming Dataset enabled. Why could it be?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors