Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KellyDittmar
Helper II
Helper II

DataSet heading does not appear on Powerbi.com

Users are logging into PowerBI.com and they are able to view the reports & dashboards we have - but thmissing datasets.jpge heading for the dataset (in red in this screenshot) is not always disapplaying for them, so they are not able to develop their own reports.

This happening for only a subset of our users, so I assume it's related to AD/office 365/some other access sort of issue?

Anyone faced & resolved this? 

Thank you!

Kelly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@KellyDittmar Do they all have the same permission level on the workspace? view vs. edit?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@KellyDittmar Do they all have the same permission level on the workspace? view vs. edit?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer - Do you mean this setting? I can only find 1 place where I can adjust read vs edit and it seems to adjust for the full workspace and not just one user? 

edit workspace.jpg

If this is what you mean - I think you're dead on! I have 2 ids that i can test with currently - 1 was working (admin for the group) and the other was missing the dataset. Now when I log in with that second id, the datasets are there! Yahoo!

Thank you!

@KellyDittmar yes, this is what I was referring to. Good deal 🙂

You are awesome @Seth_C_Bauer! I have been asking "experts" this question for a 2+ months (as long as I've been working in Power BI) and no one had the foggiest idea about this. Thank you for saving the day!

Kelly

@KellyDittmar Happy to help. Come to the forums next time first, this will be the best place to get help from a wide audience of various backgrounds that spend lots of time using Power BI.

Forgive my ignorance... am I not in the forum? I thought that's where I posted this - so now I'm confused! 🙂 

@KellyDittmar Oh, I thought you meant "experts" outside of this Community. Sorry for the confusion, you are in the right place 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors