Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jagostinhoCT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Data source credentials hangs on refresh

Hello,

Data Source Credentials seems to be hanging on refresh.

I get the encircling dots ever spinning and it never seems to stop.

My internet connection seems to be working fine since I can access any other site without problems. It is just with Power BI Service that this seems to be happening.

Is this also happening to you?

Are you aware if the service is down?

Many thanks

Joaquim

Power BI Data Credentials Refresh.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is working now for me.

Hope it does to for all you guys.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
djari
Regular Visitor

i have the problem like that, i have deleted and reupload it but still when sign in its always stuck in loading

aeddinger
Frequent Visitor

The only credential it is recognizing for me is Azure SQL server.  ODATA, Sharepoint, Azure Marketplace are all down.

This is a show stopper for reporting accurate data.  I called in a ticket 4 hours ago.  Can we get some sort of update?  

Re: Data source credentials hangs on refresh

View solution in original post

I can't see any solution to the problem...

need to reenter the credentials after publishing, so it seems.

This was all a service issue which has since been fixed, let's not necro this 5 month old post any longer 🙂

No news, the gateway is not working .....

but I have read this paragraph, in the page:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/

Update to the latest version !!!

A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.
It is a good general practice to make sure you are on the latest version.
If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version
of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Installed again but nothing....nothing... Power BI does not recognise the Gateway installed, but it has worked fine for over a month in the other server !!

I was having an issue as well and mine may be un-related to your problem but I had my Power BI Personal Gateway installed under the primary Administrator on my laptop and it was not starting under my local user account so I had to go into the Administrator account on my laptop and start the server. Until I did this and refreshed the web Power BI instance it continued to show my Data Gateway being "Inactive". Once I started the server as the user that installed it I was able to revert back to my local account and see that my Gateway was "Active". At that point my connection credentials (Qunect ODBC for Quickbase 64-bit) were accepted.....my scheduled data refreshes worked as they should. I had my Admin give my account Admin rights and I re-installed the Personal Gateway using my local account so that it will work without me having to login as Admin to start it each time I reboot, etc.....

My next step will be to put a Data Gateway on a network server so that I do not have to rely on my laptop for data routing going forward. Hopefully the integration will be seamless now that I understand how to do it locally....

I was having an issue as well and mine may be un-related to your problem but I had my Power BI Personal Gateway installed under the primary Administrator on my laptop and it was not starting under my local user account so I had to go into the Administrator account on my laptop and start the server. Until I did this and refreshed the web Power BI instance it continued to show my Data Gateway being "Inactive". Once I started the server as the user that installed it I was able to revert back to my local account and see that my Gateway was "Active". At that point my connection credentials (Qunect ODBC for Quickbase 64-bit) were accepted.....my scheduled data refreshes worked as they should. I had my Admin give my account Admin rights and I re-installed the Personal Gateway using my local account so that it will work without me having to login as Admin to start it each time I reboot, etc.....

My next step will be to put a Data Gateway on a network server so that I do not have to rely on my laptop for data routing going forward. Hopefully the integration will be seamless now that I understand how to do it locally....

Tim1

Same problem. Excel data source on OneDrive for Business. Using OAuth2, authentication hangs.

blueant
Frequent Visitor

yes,the similar problem, frustrated

jurgis
Frequent Visitor

Same issue with update of data source credentials:

1. Data source excel file on sharepoint

2. Two factor authentication enabled

Still not refreshing today.

Is anyone from Power BI reading this?

Is this expected to happen?

Are they on to it?

Any explanation what might be causing it?

I put a ticket in yesterday regarding this. Going to send over this thread as support for a global issue so any further details people have on their specific issues to add to mine will hopefully garner more immediate support

Happending for me too; I am using OData from Microsoft Project OnLine (via sharepoint, O365).  OAuth2.  Works OK in Power BI Desktop, but fails on the Web service;

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Please help ASAP!

jurgis
Frequent Visitor

Same issue with update of data source credentials:

1. Data source excel file on sharepoint

2. Two factor authentication enabled

Rajkumar
Helper I
Helper I

Same issue here with project Online data source , it is hang on loading the credentials. Not accepting valide O365 credentails.

Earlier it was working fine but this is happening from the latest updates, post December last week update.

Power BI Refresh Error Screenshot.png

Schedule Refresh is working now, it is accepting creadentials without any issues. Hope it is working for every one.

But I see another Problem is that, when I use "Refresh now" it is showing a message "Preparing for refresh now". When I actually open the report it is not showing the updated data.

Power BI team, could you please look into this issue as well.

Mine is still not working, is anyone in North Central US seeing the issue resolved?  The fixes occasionally get rolled out by region, so curious if its just me or regional issue based now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors