Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ericleigh007
Helper II
Helper II

Data Source Error: The 'yes it does eixst' column does not exist in the rowset

I have been getting a refresh error this morning on data that seems to not have changed.

"Data Source Error:   The 'yes it does eixst' column does not exist in the rowset"

In this case the column name is "Supporting Material", which DOES exist in the rowset.  It has not been removed or renamed.

I'm currently working to remove the column that is bieng complained about, since that column is not being used, AND it is not mentioend in the query code.

This refresh works fine on the desktop.

I'd like to find out what this is and fix it, but the error message is limited in usefulness -- what's more, it seems to be totally incorrect, since the column does exist in the data set.

Overall, I think the team should know it is ALSO very important to add the name of the data set, and perhaps other context (line of PQFL/M that is bieng executed when the error happens).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The 'fix' to the 'column does not exist' problem was to simply delete the offending column, which was not required anyway.

i still have no idea why the error message appeared, but it has been worked around.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That may be a problem because the database itself is in refresh mode, and all you need to do, is wait for a little and then refresh the table on the Pw BI site. That's all

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you post the query code from Advanced Editor?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I could, but it contains somewhat sensitive information.

Message was posted in error.  Please see answer to original post below. 

this post was about another problem, and it mistakenly was posted here.

apologies

Please ignore.

Hi @ericleigh007,

>>When you refresh data in service, you get:"Data Source Error:   The 'yes it does eixst' column does not exist in the rowset"

You get data from external source, have you install the gateway? If you are using Power BI,  a single gateway is used for transfer data between on-premises data (data that is not in the cloud) and the Power BI. Here is a blog, which describe gateway in details. You can research how it works using the links in the blog.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you want have other problems.

Best Regards,
Angelia

The 'fix' to the 'column does not exist' problem was to simply delete the offending column, which was not required anyway.

i still have no idea why the error message appeared, but it has been worked around.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors