Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anithat
Resolver II
Resolver II

Data Refresh issue - Need immediate support

Hi  @Vicky_Song

Looks like there is a problem with data refresh on power BI service.

The  screen print shows the scheduled refresh to run on 17th Jan 2017 but it hasnt refreshed ontime. See the system time right bottom showing the time 9.26am.

Refresh_Issue.jpg

We have no clue why the refresh has stopped. We tried to refresh the pbix file  but the publishing the refreshed dataset to web service has taken more than 45 mins now with no success/failure message. (Note: replacing the existing dataset has issue while publishing the dataset with new name is still okay)

Can you please quickly look into this. There are many other datasets which scheduled on daily basis. All these were running fine till yesterday.

I got a temporary fix which is to publish the pbix file with differet name and then update the dashboards accordingly. It takes lot of time and imagine doing this for 30 plus datasets on daily basis.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Response.png

I got the below response.  Thanks to the team for working on the fix.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
aeddinger
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing the refresh issue in Raliegh NC too.  Do we need to open ticket for fix?

Best,

Amanda

Check what the Support site says for you:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

I believe it shows the message different for each area, so hopefully that will tell you if North America has the issue too.

I logged a Support call before the warning was posted on the site, and they have since got in touch to say they are working on it so nothing they can do for me specifically.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I currently have an open ticket on this. Will update as possible.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Most but not all of our reports have refreshed overnight.  I've managed to run some manually this morning, but some are still doing nothing.  Still no error messages...

Looks like the next Microsoft update isnt due now until 5.30pm(uk)

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ZLJ

Received overnight regarding issue:

Hi Kristi,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for your time and patience in this matter.

I have reviewed the Activity ID you provided during our troubleshooting today and I engaged the product Group to get their insights and assistance to resolve this issue. It seems that it is an issue that the Product Group is actively working to fix.

I will keep investigating the issue further with the Product Group meanwhile I will keep you updated.

Thank you very much again for your time and patience.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

anithat
Resolver II
Resolver II

Is anyone else facing the issue? Please check

We also got the issue in Europe !

Actually since Saturday 14th we are experiencing from time to time unusual time to publish report & data refresh is not working correctly. This morning it did not work at all. And even manual update in BI online is not working...

when is expected the resolution ?

thanks

We're also experiencing this issue. Based in Europe.

When I click refresh, a notification comes up but immediately dissapears. There is no log of the attempted refresh in the refresh histroy either.

Message about NorthEurope has appeared on the website within the last hour or so:

Customers in North Europe may see intermittent problems refreshing their datasets or credentials.Power BI team is actively investigating the issue. Next update 01/17/2017 08:00 PST.

We are in Australia. As per the known issue message, the problem was in south east asia. Rigt now the status shows it is resolved. We have checked at our end and all the schedules are working fine.
If you are stil facing the issue then please raise a request with product team. We did the same for quick resolution as it was impacting many business areas.

Response.png

I got the below response.  Thanks to the team for working on the fix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors