Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Birdjo
Resolver II
Resolver II

Dashboards don't refresh automatically

I researched the problem and saw that a lot of people have issues with the auto refresh of dashboard and that issue is very simple - they don't refresh, so I decided to bring up the problem again.

What I do is:

• pin live pages to the dashboard
  • have scheduled refresh 
  • use the import method
  • monitor the last refresh time

My observations are:

• scheduled refresh works properly but with delay of 20-30 minutes
  • last refresh (shown ot top left of the live page) updates
  • there are no changes on the dashboard
  • tried this with observing reports, live page dashboards, dashboards with only one visual on two browsers

Does anyone knows what causes this problem and how to solve it?

4 REPLIES 4

@Birdjo Dashboard tiles don't update automatically when the data set is updated. They are on (what should be) a 15 minute delay. It's likely that every 15 minutes a process checks to see if the data set has been updated, and then is queued for refresh. (which would explain the 20-30 minutes).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I understand what you mean, but I left the dashboard open for hours and nothing happened expected the last refresh time changed.

Hi @Birdjo,

Which type of data source are you using? Tile refresh updates the cache for tile visuals, on the dashboard, once data changes. This happens about every fifteen minutes. 

In your scenario, pelase force a tile refresh by selecting the ellipse (...) in the upper right of a dashboard and selecting Refresh dashboard tiles, and check if you dashboard refresh or not.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hello @v-caliao-msft,

I am using SQL Server, Import method. 

Probably they will refresh with a force refresh I need it to be self service. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors