Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thefal
Frequent Visitor

Dashboards and Tilesdon't refresh automatically

Hi all!

We have several reports and several dashboards, consisting from visuals pinned from those reports. We have 2 sets of reports:

1 workspace with a set of Live reports

1 workspace with a set of Import reports

On the live reports, the dataset is set to refresh every 15 minutes. This is done with Settings -> Datasets -> <choose dataset> -> Refresh frequency.

On the import reports, the dataset is set to refresh daily, as I don't have any better options like 15 minutes.

All datasets have been tested and are working.

However, the tiles never refresh their data in my dashboards. I can click Refresh Now and it will refresh, but other than that, it never seems to refresh. I can wait a whole week and nothing will happen. What do I have to do to fix this?

I'm a Power Bi Pro user and the current version is 13.0.1700.1899.

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@thefal,

In your scenario, which type of data source are you using? For the reports which use import mode, you need to use a data gateway before you can get this dataset refreshed automaically. And you need to refresh your dashboard page to get the latest data after dataset refreshed.

You said that click "Refresh Now", this item is for dataset, do you mean the dataset not refreshed?

Regards,

Charlie Liao

In both casers I am connecting to a multidimensional SSAS database. For the Import reports, we are using a data gateway and the datasets and report are updating like we expected.

In each workspace we have 1 dashboard and 3 reports. Visuals from the 3 reports are pinned to the dashboard. The datasets used by the reports refresh automatically just fine. Refreshing the dashboards also work, but only by manually clicking Refresh Now. This will make every tile within the dashboard refresh to show the latest data.

My problem is that while the dataset DOES refresh automatically, the tiles in my dashboards don't. Whenever a user logs in, I want the dashboard to show him up to date statistics. However, they have to refresh the dashboards themselves, or click on the tiles to go to the underlying reports, which do have the latest information.

I'm also having an issue that is similar.

In my case, the pinned visuals do not update whatsoever even though the report, that they are pinned from, is properly refreshing.

This almost completely removes the funcionability of the dashboard for us for visuals (other than pinning the live page).

Pinning the "Live Page" does refresh both the changes and the data, which is helpful, but we lose at least 50% of the usefullness of the dashboards with this feature glitching.

I am also experiencing a similar issues: my pinned visuals from my dashboard don't update after I refresh the dataset each evening.

It sounds like I am experiencing the same issue as @EnochS@v-caliao-msft, has there been any solution? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors