Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gashaw
Employee
Employee

Dashboards Tiles are not refreshing

Hey,

I have monthly business report dashaboed created few months ago. I have created dashbaord from the monthly business report. Every month I have to pin tiles, pie or tables to dashboard manually. At this point it is very tedious and time taking to do that every month. How can I refresh the dashbaord automatically when the latest monthly data is available. 

If that is not possible, is there other way that I can do to have the data refreshed automatically. If I can't do this refresh, it is going to be hard to continue using the powerbi. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Gashaw

In this scenario, I think you just need to configure the a schedule refresh on your dataset. And you just need to update data at your data source side. For Dashboard Tiles, we have tile refresh which occurs every 15 minutes. For more details, please see: Data refresh in Power BI

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Gashaw

In this scenario, I think you just need to configure the a schedule refresh on your dataset. And you just need to update data at your data source side. For Dashboard Tiles, we have tile refresh which occurs every 15 minutes. For more details, please see: Data refresh in Power BI

Regards,

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gashaw

You should be able to pin items from your report to your dashboard once.

Then once the underlying report dataset gets updated, the dashboard tiles will automatically get updated.

If you are using the On-Premise Gateway and have it refeshing via a schedule your Dashboard tiles will update automatically after the scheduled refresh.

I am doing this with my Google Analytics data and throughout the day I am seeing the dashboard tiles update without me havig to refresh the page.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors