Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Dashboard title changes

I have discovered that when I pin a report page to a dashboard - that it creates a title in the upper left of the resulting tile using the value field name of the report page.  It is a misleading title I would like to change/remove.  The value field used in the report page is named: Daily Amount - but the report visual aggregates it by Product Category and Quarter.  So for the dashboard to auto title it Daily Amount is not wanted.  I will hazard the guess that one might alter this by renaming the field itself - but that also is problematic in terms of understanding the data model.

I found a work around by instead using the Pin Live Page feature which is in the ribbon, rather than the Pin feature in the upper right of the visual itself. 

So I was wondering about the fundamental different between these 2 Pin methods; am assuming the Live Page exists to allow the pin of a multi visual report page.....that it doesn't cause that misleading title however is very helpful in this case even though there is just 1 visual......

I was not able to figure out any way to change the dasboard tile's title that was auto created when doing the original pin (using the report visual's pin) - but maybe there is.

As a point of reference - I work in the report and then pin from there.....rather than working in Dashboard with a create tile approach.

Comments/advice welcomed.....

www.CahabaData.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@CahabaData Both pin methods result in tiles that you can alter in various ways. On the dashboard tile if you click the "..." in the upper right you can select the pencil icon and edit / change / remove the title from the Tile.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@CahabaData Both pin methods result in tiles that you can alter in various ways. On the dashboard tile if you click the "..." in the upper right you can select the pencil icon and edit / change / remove the title from the Tile.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Have the same problem. Even when change the workbook names the title on the top left of the dashboard still shows the old name and old dashboard name. Have looked up & down, left & right including your "...", settings e.t.c to no avail. Would expect the tool to be smart not dumb. Extremely disappointed and upset

@d1 Dashboard tiles are independent objects, they retain filter context from the initial pin and the other metadata provied from the individual visual at the time of Pin. Any underlying changes to the visual don't automatically change the tile. There are use cases for both actions wanting to be taken (leave it alone, update it). I agree, it would be nice to have a toggle to control the behavior.

ah thanks @Seth_C_Bauer I looked at that pencil and knew it meant edit - but the brain just didn't engage.......

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors