Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joshcorson
Employee
Employee

Dashboard tiles not refreshing

I'm running into an issue with a dashboard I've created - underlying reports are connected to a SQL Server database, refreshing on a schedule using a Personal Gateway. I have pinned several items to the dashboard, and though the underlying reports refresh daily, the dashboard tiles remain static, even after selecting the "Refresh Dashboard Tiles" option.

Other reports that I've created that are live connected to a cube through an Enterprise Gateway do not have this issue - is this a limitation of a Personal Gateway? Has anyone else encountered the same issue?

3 REPLIES 3
dimazaid
Employee
Employee

Hi @joshcorson

The Personal Gateway should keep working even if you have the Enterprise Gateway installed. 
Few questions:
- Do you have your Personal and Enterprise Gateways on seperate machines? 

- In the Personal Gateway refresh history, what do you see? does it say complete or is it showing an error message?

Thanks @dimazaid for the response. I apologize if the original post was unclear - the Enterprise Gateway example was for a completely different dataset, unrelated to this dataset connected via a Personal Gateway.

In the Personal Gateway refresh history, I see all successful refreshes. I have a scheduled refresh set up 3x/day, and rarely encounter any issues on this scheduled refresh. The reports all have up to date data, however, the dashboard tiles are static, and do not refresh.

Should the dashboard tiles refresh each time the dataset is refreshed? I would assume they should, so that the data in the underlying reports matches the data in the tiles.

Hi again,
Your assumption is correct, the dashboard tiles should refresh automatically once you have the latest data in the report. Does it ever refresh if you wait enough? Trying to figure out if this is a timing issue or something else?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors