Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

paulwozniak
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard tiles are blank next day

I have a data set that refreshes twice a day, 3AM and 3PM. The report based on that dataset has a slicer called 'Today' which is based on a column in a calendar table which checks whether that row is the last date in table. It's just a way for me to filter the data to only show the latest. 

I have the slicer for 'Today' selected and then I pin visuals from this report to a dashboard. The goal is to have the dashboard always display only the latest data and then be able to click on the visual to go to the report to look at more.

However, after having setup this dashboard, after an overnight refresh, all of the tiles are either displaying no data, or displaying '(Blank)'. Refreshing the data set or refreshing the dashboard or both does not result in them displaying any data. It's just stuck.

Can any one shed light on to what's going on?

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paulwozniak,

According to your description, I'd like to suggest you check below options.

1. Check the datasource.(datasource not contain today's records)
2. Check the gateway connection state.
3. Check the refresh history.(look for failed log)

If above is not help, can you share some detail content of your issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors