Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danextian
Super User
Super User

Dashboard consumer being asked to try or upgrade to pro when dashboard is in a premium capacity

Need help with this. I can't raise  a support ticket  since I'm still on extended trial but company does have a premium account.  The dashboard I'm sharing with someone is in a workspace with premium capacity so the he user should not be asked  to try pro or upgrade to it as far as I know. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @danextian,

Dashboard sharing is now a Pro to Pro only feature. The Premium will allow you to share app workspaces to free users. If you have a premium license, you can share those workspaces with any free user. More derails about premium, please review here.

In addition, users of the free service with access to dedicated capacity in Power BI Premium will have the ability to receive content distributed to them by Power BI Pro users. The person has the access to the capacity? Please check it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Thanks for the response. 

What workaround do we have for sharing just a report (not the whole workspace) to  a particular user? Correct me if I am wrong . The current set up is "I share with you all a workspace's contents or nothing at all."  

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.

Hi @danextian,

If you want to share only report, you can put it in one page. Just send the report page URL to your colleagues. As long as they have Power BI Pro licenses, are members of the same distribution group, in the same email domain as you, or have at least one dashboard that links to that same report (the dashboard has tiles that were pinned from that report), they'll be able to open the report. You can also use the "Publish to web" and share the embed code. Anyone can view the report if you use publish to web, but it is not safe if unconnected people know the link.

Best Regards,
Angelia

hi @v-huizhn-msft

That's what I did. I pinned to a visual to a dashboard then shared  it with someone  within the same domain. The workspace where the report is  in has premium capacity. But the user was asked to try or upgrade to pro.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors