Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhmiller89
Helper V
Helper V

Dashboard and Report not Matching

So recently I've been having issues with PowerBI Web. When I pin visuals to a Dashboard the values/data shown does not match what is being shown at the Report level. And the Report Level is showing correct data.

Example: I have a Box on the Report that says "There are currently 2 Scoping Calls Requested" but the pinned visual on the dashboard says 4. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
synergised
Resolver II
Resolver II

When you deploy your report... I am assuming you are responding yes to the "replace" dataset message?  We have found that we need to completely delete all of the tiles off off the dashboard and re-add them from the report to make things work properly.  Otherwise, the dashboard seems to be pointing to the old copy of the report,

One other thing.. make sure your report is completely refreshed and has finshed loading before you pin the item to the dashboard.  We have seen cases where it will not update the tile on the dashboard if you grabbed it too soon.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
synergised
Resolver II
Resolver II

When you deploy your report... I am assuming you are responding yes to the "replace" dataset message?  We have found that we need to completely delete all of the tiles off off the dashboard and re-add them from the report to make things work properly.  Otherwise, the dashboard seems to be pointing to the old copy of the report,

One other thing.. make sure your report is completely refreshed and has finshed loading before you pin the item to the dashboard.  We have seen cases where it will not update the tile on the dashboard if you grabbed it too soon.

as far as functionality, that is absolutely horrible. But it makes sense, so thank you for shedding light on the issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm wonder is that soved? i'm having the same issue and it's nighmare.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors