Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

John4Roberta
Helper II
Helper II

Dashboard ~ Tile details - cannot see option to "Display last refresh time"

Hi

Background

In a dashboard by clicking on the top right hand corner of the tile, and clicking the edit pencil, then checking the "Display last refresh time", the refresh time will now show at the top of the tile.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have incorported te in-built facilityto show the reresh datetime in all by dashboards except one. One dashboard does not give me the option - not even greyed out.

Appricate your assistance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @John4Roberta,

I encountered the same scenario as yours, some certain dashboard tiles didn't show the "Display last refresh time" option. I then deleted them and re-added corresponding visuals to dashboard, the option was visiable this time. So, please try to delete and re-create those tiles for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had this issue - but I think I found the core issue rather than just the work around.  In my case, I had not setup a refresh schedule for the datasets prior to creating the tiles in the dashboard.  After I added the tiles, I went to go and selec the "Display last refresh time" check box only to find it wasn't there. 

I then went and setup a schedule for refreshing the datasets - this didn't result in the option for the refresh time to be presented however - MICROSOFT, I'd call this a bug!

Now that my dataset refresh was active, I created a new dashboard page with the identical tiles, and now the "Display last refresh time" was available on the new dashboard, but still not the old one.  So, the solution is always setup your refresh before creating your dashboards.  The ask for MS - have an integrity check to see if there has been an update for the dataset refresh creation, and if so, open up the check box to allow the last time to be displayed. 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @John4Roberta,

I encountered the same scenario as yours, some certain dashboard tiles didn't show the "Display last refresh time" option. I then deleted them and re-added corresponding visuals to dashboard, the option was visiable this time. So, please try to delete and re-create those tiles for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, Yuliana

I went back to the dashboard and the option was present!

John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors