Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mamato3387

Dashboard Displays

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck presenting the dashboards on TV screens and rotating through different reports or dashboards. Our company would like to display our information thoughout the offices but i am not sure how.

6 REPLIES 6
DerekRyan

MobileDemand just came out with a slick Dashboard Rotator app for Power BI. Once you have your dashboards created, you simply input the unique URL's in to the app, set the display duration and then click Start. This app is great for presenting multiple dashboards on monitors.

Windows 10 Dashboard Rotator: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4s5qb

granthworth
Helper II
Helper II

Looking for a built-in solution for this as well. My management is waiting for me to figure this out before ordering our monitors.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Each dashboard has its own GUID, so, in theory, it would be possible. You'd need a script that opens a series of URL's. Authentication would probably be an issue. Perhaps a PowerShell script or C# program that would cycle through the URL's or perhaps just cycle through tabs. You could authenticate once and it would work until session expired.

Interesting idea. Need to think about this one some more.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I would say that some kind of presentation mode should be implemeneted. I am sure it is useful feature for organizations which want to present their data. To enable user to choose which reports or dashboards they want to automatically rotate on screen.

This is a feature that I would be extremely interested in, we essentially want to present our dashboard onto a large screen TV, and have the tabs cycle through.

Please let me know if there are any plans, or if anyone has successfully implemented this via powershell.

There is a Power BI add-in for PowerPoint. Check this link out, maybe this is a good starting point, using PowerPoint slides to rotate through the dashboards.

http://businessintelligist.com/2015/10/30/power-bi-tutorial-surfacing-power-bi-dashboard-in-powerpoi...

Check out the Chicagoland Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors