Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Expression in powerbi.com

Hello Community,

when I create Reports and make data modelling, I do this in the most times in PBI Desktop.m Actuall I have a streaming dataset I searched there for the DAX editor to create measures and calculated columns. Is this feature availible in the online version? If not, is there any idea where I can vote for?

Thanks a lot.

Bye

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You cannot create measures in the Service. It looks like there is an Idea for it here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16389739-measures-in-power-bi-ser...

It does not have many votes. What you might want to do is to connect your live data stream to Azure Stream Analytics and perform the calculations there and then pipe it to Power BI.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thanks - please vote 🙂

But this is very terrible - what is about self service ?! - without DAX and only with the standard aggregation the advanced users must do anaything in desktop. I hope for the download PBIX Feature ...

@Anonymous

Currently, the streaming dataset based report can't be created in Power BI Desktop. But the "download .pbix copy" feature can only download reports that originated from Power BI Desktop. You can submit a feature request about editing streaming dataset on idea.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors