Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

morbu
Helper I
Helper I

Culture is not supported error message

Hi,

I've been working on a PBI Solution that's worked for quite some time. It consiste of Google Analytics data and many Excel files stored on OneDrive for the respective App Workspace.

I get the following error message

PBI Service Error.png

I've followed a few of the tips in previous treads with similar issues but don't seem to get anywhere.

I've tried the following troubleshooting:

- made sure that all data columns have the relevant data type
- made sure that there are no errors in Power BI Desktop when refreshing
- republished the solution with a new dataset name

- changed regional settings to English(UK) in Power BI Desktop

Anybody experienced this and can advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry for late response.

The problematic step was not specifically in the Dim_AssetTypes table. The table name always changed when I tried a new scheduled refresh in PBI Service, always with the similar "Culture is not supported..." error message

We ended up going back to one of the previous PBIX versions in the end (stored the PBIX on OneDrive so we have file-versioning) and redevelop some of the work, instead of using time on troubleshooting this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @morbu,

Here is a similar thread which mentions that some problematic steps in your query could also cause this issue. From the error message provided above, the problematic step should in your Dim_AssetTypes table/query. So could you go to check the steps there, or try removing and recreating the table/query in Query Editor to see if it works?

In addition, if the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

Sorry for late response.

The problematic step was not specifically in the Dim_AssetTypes table. The table name always changed when I tried a new scheduled refresh in PBI Service, always with the similar "Culture is not supported..." error message

We ended up going back to one of the previous PBIX versions in the end (stored the PBIX on OneDrive so we have file-versioning) and redevelop some of the work, instead of using time on troubleshooting this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors