Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amikell
Helper I
Helper I

Critical: Cannot load embedded report (403) GET [...]us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net/[...]

power_bi_error_snap15.PNG

No other errors. Project related, can open up embedded reports in other applications.

What might cause this particular disruption?

solution: bad access token, generate new token through reliable methods

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

How are you authenticating your call. The 403 error means that you don't have valid access. What does your access token look like?

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
amikell
Helper I
Helper I

Bump. Urgent.

@amikell Could you describe further in detail what you are trying to do here? 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Load an embedded report into a web application

This particular method only relies on the Powerbi Javascript library and no MVC

@Seth_C_Bauer

@amikell Just a note, for future questions for Power BI Embedded might get better traction in the Developer sub as the Service is specific to the Power BI Service and not Power BI Embedded.

I haven't tested/used the embedded story, but I might be able to help out.

1) What data source are you using for your reports? Currenlty only cloud datasources are supported in the preview.

2) Is your site for external customer use?

3) Are you trying to load a Power BI Desktop file when you get this error, or is it when you are trying to embed link?

I'm assuming you've set this all up as described here, and after doing this you're hitting this roadblock in the embed to application?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Using an Azure hosted SQL database

Site can be accessed by external customer users, but not this particular page. This data must be private and unavailable to clients. Goal is to use PowerBI for troubleshooting analytics, etc.

Embedding a link. Works fine with MVC and Web API 2, but the web application I need to work in is on 1 and that won't be changing anytime soon. Using the Javascript library I get a response from the PowerBI service but it fails to load the report. Console details refer to one specific file where access was forbidden with an HTTP status of 403.

https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net/metadata/cluster is the file I was unable to access. This problem does not occur in my other project with MVC.

In the future I'll be sure to post in the developer section, thanks.

@Seth_C_Bauer

@amikell yeah, sorry - this is out of my realm. pinging @jocaplan-MSFT - he will most likely be able to help you out here as I believe this is one of his PM areas.

@Seth_C_Bauer

Don't blame you at all, I've spoken to a lot of senior devs and basically on here as a last ditch effort.

How are you authenticating your call. The 403 error means that you don't have valid access. What does your access token look like?

@jocaplan-MSFT

public ActionResult ---(string crmId)
        {
            Client client = Client.GetByCRMId(crmId);
            ViewData["ClientId"] = client != null ? client.Id.ToString() : "NONE";

//AccessToken = embedToken.Generate("---")

var devToken = PowerBIToken.CreateDevToken("---", "---");

var jwt = devToken.Generate("---");
            var credentials = new TokenCredentials(jwt, "AppToken");
            var BIclient = new PowerBIClient(credentials)
            {
                BaseUri = new Uri("https://api.powerbi.com")
            };

using (var powerBIClient = BIclient)
            {
                var embedToken = PowerBIToken.CreateReportEmbedToken("---", "---", "---");

var AccessToken = embedToken.Generate("---");

ViewData["EmbedToken"]=AccessToken;
                return View();
            }
        }

Hi ,

I am also getting this error.

GET https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/metadata/cluster 403 (Forbidden)

Trying to embedd powerbi in our web application (Java , javscript based)

Using powerbi-client v2.3.1 in javascript side to embed a sample report in my application.

Can someone please help , we are stuck , report is not getting embedded (page says "This content isn't available.
Learn more about powerbi.")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am getting the same error on https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/powerbi/metadata/refreshusermetadata

Have you found any solution ? 

Please share. Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a similar error when trying to open a report using the Microsoft Power BI Embedded Playground, despite having access to the report when using the EmbedURL.

Has anyone been able to identify what is causing this error.

Hi ,

I am also getting this error.

GET https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/metadata/cluster 403 (Forbidden)

Trying to embedd powerbi in our web application (Java , javscript based)

Using powerbi-client v2.3.1 in javascript side to embed a sample report in my application.

Can someone please help , we are stuck , report is not getting embedded (page says "This content isn't available.
Learn more about powerbi.")

Can you please double check that the Workspace collection name and workspace ID are correct for the report that you are trying to embed? Also, please grab the request ID off of the response header from the failed message.

@jocaplan-MSFT

requestid: b54972d1-eddb-5524-d983-c01004d7d03a

only 1 workspace collection, tried all workspace IDs in addition to the first (3 total)

Looks like you are using "Bearer" in your authorization header. You should be passing this as "AppToken".

@jocaplan-MSFT

I could not figure out how to generate the proper access token from the PowerBI libraries... I pass (jwt, "AppToken") but still get the "Bearer" header.

I went back to the C#-based example solution and generated another access token, hard coded it into the Javascript solution. Working for now unless token expires (?). Will work on ways to incorporate that logic into my application.

"Bearer" actually remained in the authorization header. It seems there is a bit of ambiguity when it comes to retrieving an access token with a PowerBI Javascript embed report solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors